For 2020 Pendleton on Wheels (POW) is offering up a metric century on Saturday, May 23rd to kick off the 2020 cycling season.
Join POW for a classic one-day ride up Cabbage Hill. Take in amazing views of Pendleton and the surrounding area. The views are worth the climb and you will be rewarded with one of CROC’s themed rest stops and sag support.
The route is and out-and-back ride starting from and returning to the Pendleton Chamber of Commerce parking lot for a total of 62 miles.
SAG support on the route, the themed rest stop “Blazing Saddles” and a Saturday evening burger buffet and social are included in the $60 registration fee. Please see the registration page for details.
Proceeds from the mini-CROC event will fund POW’s grant program supporting organizations which promote activities for youth in and around Pendleton. Since 2014 POW has granted over $22,500. Recent recipients include:
- BMCC Summer Youth Theater Camp,
- CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocate program: a voice for children in the child welfare system),
- Cason’s Place (grief counseling),
- Buckaroo Bible Rodeo Camp,
- Lost & Found (youth outreach)
- Oregon East Symphony Summer Strings Camp
Sponsored in part by: